B2B Marketing LeaderApply Now
Chief Marketing Officer
Electric vehicles (EVs) are going mainstream, disrupting the way cars have been powered for more than a century. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, operating the largest and most open EV charging network in the world, with over 30,000 independently owned charging spots that are easy for EV drivers to find and use.
ChargePoint is leading the development of this new fueling network, where EV drivers meet charging stations and businesses of all kinds benefit: workplaces, retail and hospitality, commercial and residential properties and fleets. We’re looking for a marketing leader with deep B2B experience to drive revenue with marketing strategies that raise awareness, generate interest, conversion and repeat purchase. This is an opportunity to conceive game-changing marketing initiatives that are rooted in digital and social and span a broad range of audiences including decision makers, influencers and partners inside and outside the company.
- Lead the B2B marketing function, developing team and strategy for commercial solutions. Lead, coach and develop talent. Build and manage a world-class demand generation and cross-sell/up-sell program to drive awareness of EV charging and ultimately revenue direct and via the channel.
- Develop forward looking plan that, establish and socialize demand generation objectives, metrics and goals in partnership with the sales teams. Plans will scale globally and are rooted in audience insights, product roadmap and channel inputs. Define targets and KPIs across the marketing funnel including marketing qualified leads, conversion rates, utilization, retention and loyalty.
- Create and scale large multichannel acquisition programs: lead nurture programs, webinars, content syndication, website optimization, retargeting, SEM, email, third-party events and customer events with an ROI focus.
- Partner with inside and field sales with broad demand gen programs for top-of-the-funnel and territory based programs for mid to lower funnel. Drive demand generation planning and strategy with a deep understanding of sales strategy and short and long term pipeline needs to ensure greatest possible success of programs.
- Understand the sales process and partner with sales and partner teams to ensure programs are aligned to drive demand and accelerate MQLs and SQLs across verticals
- Partner with Product Marketing to define optimal segmentation to drive acquisition and conversion. Work with internal teams to support and leverage autos and channel partners as appropriate.
- Define technology and agency support needed for a winning B2B Marketing function, including marketing automation and community tools, and 3rd party agency resources. Engage and manage corresponding external teams to winning execution, on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Conceive instrumentation and reporting plans, and work with internal and external teams to enable measurement, reporting and analysis standards. Manage communications related to results campaign reporting, optimization and rollout recommendations. Establish best practices over time.
Requirements and Success Factors
- 10-12 years of marketing in demand gen for a tech company. 4-6 years of B2B leadership marketing experience with a related B.S./B.A. degree. MBA preferred.
- Track record for conceiving marketing plans and leading teams to winning execution in a competitive environment. A strategic planner who makes smart investment decisions, and can optimize the budget to accomplish scale. Channel expertise highly desirable.
- Track record of leveraging marketing technology in developing and implementing winning B2B marketing strategies and messaging platforms to scale a business in early/developing markets. Has led client-side, demand gen, engagement and partner marketing programs at a national level at B2B firms. Skilled in campaign automation, Salesforce, and Marketo (or equivalent marketing automation) reporting and integration.
- Strong foundation of core analytical skills; experienced in A/B testing and website optimization tools and tactics.
- Deep understanding of modern demand gen techniques and creative expression across formats: search, mobile, web conversion, email, paid, and partner platforms and content marketing. Know-how in digital marketing mechanics, instrumentation and optimization, email marketing, marketing analytics, agency relationships and budget accountability.
- Ability to partner with leaders inside and outside the company to produce effective programs that exceed goals in a deadline-driven environment. Collaborative team player and understands how to work across marketing and sales teams to maximize leads and conversion rates.
- Relentless results orientation. Possesses the challenger mindset and works with a test-and-learn approach. Has high integrity, demonstrates professional maturity and good judgment.
- Resourceful problem solver, thrives in unstructured, team oriented environment and knows how to influence across functions and operate as a hands-on leader
- Passion for emerging markets, the EV space, associated B2B customer needs
- Extraordinary and effective verbal and written communication skills is a must-have
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.