Business Development ManagerApply Now
Senior Director, Business Development
San Jose, CA or Los Angeles, CA
The successful candidate will identify potential site hosts and close agreements with forward thinking business owners that are interested in hosting high speed electric vehicle charging stations on their properties. Responsibilities include analyzing applicability of sites to meet program goals, identifying key decision makers, presenting the value proposition, negotiating site host agreements and closing long term contracts. The right candidate will have the business acumen to quickly learn what makes a property and a site host special along with a passion for changing the way the world travels. The candidate will also work with funding partners such as the California Energy Commission, automobile manufacturers and air quality districts to help secure additional funding and ensure charging locations meet the needs of their programs. Candidates for this position must be excellent communicators at all management levels internally, externally, with partners with local business owners as well as national brands. A proven track record of closing complex deals is a must.
- Identify properties for high speed electric vehicle charging sites on California highway corridors and major metro areas
- Present and negotiate terms for site license agreements, getting to contract closure in a timely manner to meet program deadlines
- Act as the local expert for the team with a deep understanding of travel patterns and local/regional businesses
- Generate and/or qualify sales leads within separate geographic territories based on corridor program goals, direction from management or direction from funding partners
- Convert incoming leads into qualified customer engagements
- Provide potential site hosts with product/project/support service materials
- Be able to quickly understand if a site agreement is not going to happen, be able to walk away and move on to another more appropriate site for that targeted area
- Engage with large, multi-site property owners and businesses to pitch fast charge corridor projects across a wider geographic area at various properties
- Build relationships with landlords, local jurisdictions, and utility planners
- Seek local air pollution control district grant funding
- Work with internal legal counsel and property owners to negotiate and close site license agreements
- Record and track agreement signing milestones to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Coordinate and perform site walks to guide cost effective and expedient site builds
- Provide the team with weekly updates on the pipeline in individual geographic territories
- This role requires at least 60% travel, mostly by car
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, preferably in commercial real-estate transactions, property management or related telecommunications infrastructure deployment
- Proven ability to converse with and persuade stakeholders at all levels of management in all
- Proven track record of closing deals with both small business owners and large, multinational properties
- Ability to work remotely, effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- A diligent reporter that takes time to document activities with a proficiency using tracking tools such as SalesForce.com and other project tracking tools
- Proven ability to converse with and persuade stakeholders at all levels of management, including C-suite
- Strong business acumen with the ability to dive deep into decisions to understand economic impacts and ROI as well as market and competitive implications.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree required with MS, PhD or MBA a plus
- Effectively listens before they talk, ensuring the sales prospects needs are clearly understood and they are a match for the program
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethic
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.