Director, Business DevelopmentApply Now
Senior Director, Business Development
This position is a highly-visible role within ChargePoint and the industry – to develop and bring to market partner-based solutions involving ChargePoint Network. The role requires handling multiple simultaneous partners – including the creation of relationships with engineering, marketing, sales, purchasing/finance, manufacturing, and executives. This role will interact with much of the company as it incubates products, services, and geographies.
- Identify and develop the ChargePoint ecosystem of partners operating on the ChargePoint Network
- Build business relationships through which ChargePoint to bring ChargePoint-enabled products to market
- Close ChargePoint licensing and go-to-market agreements and oversee the program management of all involved functions: engineering, marketing, purchasing/financing, legal, sales, manufacturing and executives.
- Build, track and manage the partner plans and timelines (across the lifecycle phases of: enable, build, market, sell) – expect to present to senior management
- Work well internally with each function – especially software engineering, product management, application engineering, hardware engineering – to ensure expectations and functionality are understood and delivered by ChargePoint and partner
- Ensure partner products are launched and that ChargePoint branding and publicity is per guidelines
- First customer accounts – ensure high-touch with partner’s sales teams to train, qualify and close early accounts with the ChargePoint value propositions and that there is a happy customer
- Manage business relationships – to generate profitable revenues for ChargePoint and partners involved
- Continually optimize the Business Development activities – standardize and productize where appropriate and ensure that BD programs are scalable and repeatable to 10’s and 100’s of partners
- Meet quarterly objectives (MBO’s) and metrics that are set individually and relate directly to Business Development activities assigned. Compensation will include a variable component based on successful completion of MBO’s
- Must be willing to work flexibly to add to the dynamic (and sometimes unpredictable) start-up nature at ChargePoint, and managing partners across different time zones, with some travel requirement (20-30% approx.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate Degree is required
- Minimum 4 years in Business Development (not inside sales) and/or Project Management (software/hardware technical and business)
- Experience should include engineering, project management, and a strong business acumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and organizational skill – able to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Business, Negotiation and Financial aptitude and ability to understand business impacts of contract language
- Experience in managing partner relationships over a longer term, and managing 3-6 month projects spanning internal and external teams
- An understanding of software and hardware architectures and product lifecycles – cloud computing, web services, API’s
- Entrepreneurial attitude to identifying and developing new business opportunities
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.