Quality Assurance Engineer (Embedded)Apply Now
The QA Engineer (embedded) is responsible for sophisticated testing of ChargePoint embedded software and ensure that the software is awesome and high-quality.
- Develop, with the help of engineering and product management, test plans and automated testing tools which provide desired coverage and defect detection capabilities
- Perform the system tests required for both new feature development as well as system-wide regression testing to validate operation
- Select and apply test cases to verify and debug failure reports and feature requests returning from the field and provide information to the developers in order to assist them in making software (and possibly hardware) changes
- Review product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues, provide input of functional requirements and advise on design
- Facilitate procedures and create documentation used for validating and certifying software product components released to manufacturing for production
- Set up, configure, and operate vehicle charging station equipment in a laboratory environment, and sometimes in the field. Also, organize and maintain lab equipment for use in system testing
- 5+ years’ experience as an Embedded QA Engineer
- Knowledge of embedded software and hardware architectures
- Ability to program in several scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell, Python
- Working knowledge of computer communication and application protocols such as IP, UDP, TCP, HTTP, telnet
- Ability to debug and diagnose issues with hardware interconnections and cabling of various protocols (Ethernet, RS-232/422/485, synchronous serial, USB, etc.)
- High-level understanding of AC and DC power systems architecture and hardware
- Knowledge of ZigBee, 802.11 WLAN, and GSM/CDMA cellular operation is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux kernel a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.