Software Engineer (Embedded)Apply Now
Director of Embedded Engineering
The Software Embedded Engineer will be responsible for embedded development on Linux based systems, including board bring up, power-on and run-time diagnostics, drivers and user-land applications for ChargePoint's market leading electric vehicle charging stations.
- Take responsibility for multiple areas of a product, from low-level (drivers, diags, board bring up) to embedded applications including networking, "business logic" and configuration.
- Design and implement device drivers and applications for embedded product based on the Linux OS, with peripherals interfaced via USB, serial, SPI and I2C.
- Work side by side with hardware engineers to bring up new boards and systems, debug potential hardware issues, evaluate hardware architectures, board schematics/layout and third-party chipsets from the software perspective
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to dive into a project and deal with the uncertainties of new product development, and get hands-on quickly
- Proven ability to perform all low level SW development for custom boards running Linux, including boot loader, U-Boot, kernel, drivers, and applications
- 7+ years of experience in developing embedded systems with excellent C programming and scripting languages skills
- Experience with board bring up, Linux kernel, driver, application development and in debugging crash dumps
- Fluency with the GCC toolchain, Make, Buildroot, git, Bash
- Experience with Serial interfaces & protocols: RS-232, I2C, SPI, PPP, and Wireless interfaces such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, ZigBee
- Familiarity with Network programming using sockets or higher level abstractions and File systems such UBIFS, JFFS2
- Excellent communication skills, and willingness to participate with positive attitude in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Linux OS, Both Kernel, C, C++, Linux device driver.
- Linux Kernel Device (application & device Driver development)
- Blog device driver, Network device driver, corrected device driver (any one of them).
- Chip level programming + application programming in C.
- Debugging (gab debugging tool).
- Device integration, Flash, RFID, WiFi.
- Network Concepts (protocols).
- Experience: Relevant (8 years)
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.