Sr. Mechanical EngineerApply Now
VP, Engineering Hardware
ChargePoint is looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer who has exceptional mechanical conceptualization, analysis and visualization skills with proven track record of working in multidiscipline team environment. Also essential are strong communication skills (spoken, written and sketched), creative thinking, sound judgment, organization, thoroughness, professionalism, humor, and desire to do great work. As a Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include the full range of product design: researching, concepting, prototyping, and refining, detailing, liaison with suppliers, designing for production quantities and troubleshooting production parts.
- Develop mechanical concepts, layouts and detailed designs
- Develop solutions through the use of rapid prototyping and in consultation with other team members
- Proactively manage the engineering needs of a project
- Design verification for parts and products
- Qualify first articles for production
- Troubleshoot technical design issues in production
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5-8 years of experience in an engineering role
- Strong working knowledge of Injection molding and related cosmetics issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks, knowledge of thermal simulation analysis is a plus
- Previous design of outdoor and high voltage products is a plus
- Working knowledge of high and low volume manufacturing, and assembly processes
- Ability to perform stress/strain analysis and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of the full product development process from conceptual design through to manufacturing ramp up
- A self-starter who is comfortable juggling multiple aspects of the product design and/or multiple projects at the same time
- Confidence in your ability to learn quickly when out of your comfort zone.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.