Choosing the Right Home
ChargePoint® Home Residential EV Charger Buying Guide
ChargePoint Home 32A can charge any EV at every amperage rating up 32 amps. To support the full power of the 32A charger, you may need to upgrade your electrical panel. Find an electrician at chargepoint.qmerit.com to see if your panel is ready.
- Charges six times faster than your standard 110V outlet
- Delivers up to 25 miles of Range Per Hour (RPH)
- Charges all Plug-In Hybrids and Battery Electric Vehicles up to 32A
- Won’t deliver maximum power if your car has a slower onboard charger
- Requires 240V 40A dedicated service
Home can be installed indoors or outdoors. Depending on which version you want, you may need some electrical work. Check out the install guide for requirements or, contact an electrician at chargepoint.qmerit.com.
- Indoor installation only
- Easy to take with you if you move
- Requires a NEMA 6-50 outlet installed ground facing up
- Can be installed indoors or outdoors
- Requires a professional electrician to install
ChargePoint Home charges every EV with a universal J1772 connector (just use your adapter if you have a Tesla). It’s up to you what cable length fits your parking style. A longer cable can give you the option to park in more places.
- 25’ provides maximum flexibility to reach the charging port on any EV, no matter how or where you park
- 18’ provides good reach and is more manageable than 25’
Use your preferences from above to choose the best combination for you.
|Electric Vehicle Charger||Price|
|ChargePoint Home 32A: Hardwired Station with 18' Charging Cable||$649|
|ChargePoint Home 32A: Plug-In Station with 18' Charging Cable||$699|
|ChargePoint Home 32A: Hardwired Station with 25' Charging Cable||$699|
|ChargePoint Home 32A: Plug-In Station with 25' Charging Cable||$749|