What is Valet?
Valet is a feature within the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard. For businesses offering a valet service at a site with ChargePoint electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions, the Valet feature provides a real-time view into the charging status of all vehicles and available ports at charging stations. This feature enables valet teams to work more efficiently, charge more vehicles and serve more EV driving customers.
Who will use Valet?
Any location that offers valet services and EV charging, such as workplaces, apartments, condos, restaurants and hotels, can benefit from the Valet feature.
How do I use Valet?
Start from the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard and follow these steps:
- Use the Global Filter in the top right corner to filter your view to a specific group of stations or a particular site.
- Click the Map Stations button in the Station Status card on the right (located on the dashboard).
- Select the EVs (Valet) tab to see all vehicles at the selected location.
- Select vehicles on the map to view their charging status.
- Filter the Valet view from the legend at the top left (i.e., to see only completed charging sessions).
How do I stay logged in to the EV map?
To disable auto-logout on the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard and Valet map so you can keep the Valet map on the screen for attendants, follow these steps:
- Log in to your primary Network Manager account.
- Go to Organizations > Admins and click New Admin.
- Fill out the form and select the Valet role.
- Note: If enabling this role for yourself, log out before going on to the next step.
- You will receive an email with a Valet admin invitation. Use the link in the email to set up the new Valet login.
- Log into the new Valet account and click the account name at the top of the page to go to the admin properties page.
- Click Edit and check the box next to Disable Auto-Logout on the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard.
Can I filter the map?
Absolutely. Filtering allows valet attendants to quickly view fully charged vehicles (ready to be swapped out), currently charging vehicles, available charging spots or any charging problems. To filter the map, click on the legend at the top left to show or hide each status:
- Charging Complete
Where is Valet available?
Valet is available globally from the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard.
How do I enable Valet?
Valet is available to everyone using the ChargePoint Cloud Dashboard.
What if I have feedback on the feature?
We’d love to know how Valet is working for you. Tell us what you like and don’t like about Valet: Contact support.