The New ChargePoint Mobile App Is Here
More stations, more features and more reasons to love driving an EV
Campbell, Calif. – Drivers asked and we listened. We’ve redesigned the ChargePoint app from the ground up with tons of new features and ways to personalize and enhance your ChargePoint experience. The all-new interface is optimized for quick access to the things you need most. Now, drivers can use one app to easily find stations and start charging. The Android version is available today in Google Play and will be on iPhone at the end of the month.
With the ChargePoint mobile app, you can plug in wherever you go.
- Map: View over 33,000 charging spots with stations from all major charging networks
- Real-time: Access the most real-time data of any network—to ensure you don’t navigate to a station that’s in use
- Navigate your way: Get turn-by-turn directions using the navigation app of your choice like Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps.
- Predictive Search: With auto-fill, quickly find stations near any point of interest (POI)
- Filtering: Use map filters to see just the stations compatible with your car
- My Spots: Favorite locations, and easily access recently visited stations
- Satellite View: Use Satellite View to find stations down to the parking spot
- Driver Tips: Leave and view tips from the EV community about stations and their locations
We’ve also improved on some of the features you know and love:
- Speed With a 3x faster map performance, you’ll find available stations quicker.
- Start Charge: Charge your car with just one tap
- Notifications: Get real-time updates about your charging status
We’re just getting started. Keep an eye out for our next update—more of what you want plus stuff you don’t even know you need.
For more information, check out this video for an overview of the new app.
ChargePoint is the largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network in the world, with more than 18,500 charging locations and a 70%+ market share. Ranked #1 by leading independent research firm, Navigant Research, ChargePoint makes advanced hardware and best-in-class cloud based software. ChargePoint’s open network is utilized by many leading EV hardware makers and encourages all EV charging manufacturers to join.
ChargePoint’s real-time network information including the availability of charging locations throughout the nation is available through the ChargePoint mobile app, online and via the navigation systems in top-selling EVs including the new BMW i3 and the Nissan LEAF. Every 8 seconds, a driver connects to a ChargePoint station and by initiating over 5.7 million charging sessions, ChargePoint drivers have saved over 4.9 million gallons of gasoline and driven 118 million gas free miles.
For more information about ChargePoint, visit www.chargepoint.com.