- What is ChargePoint Connections?
- How do I connect to an organization or request a connection?
- Where do I get a connection code from?
- How long does it take for me to be accepted?
- How do I tell if my connection request has been approved or denied?
- How do I know if a station requires a connection or not?
- I was accepted as a connection, why am I still unable to use a specific station?
- My employer told me I was approved to use the stations, but I get an error code every time I go to use the stations?
- Why do I have to connect to an Org before using certain stations?
Connections enable drivers to connect with organizations and businesses that own ChargePoint stations. Some organizations also offer special deals or discounts, such as free or discounted charging sessions to connected drivers.
To connect with an organization via website, log in to your ChargePoint account and in the account section, open the Connections section. Follow the prompts to locate connection or enter Connection Code provided by Organization. Complete the requested information from the organization and submit.
To connect with an organization via mobile app, log in and click on icon in upper right next to search bar. Select Connection, click on Browse Connections, and follow prompt to locate connection or enter Connection Code provided by Organization.
The station owner is the entity that creates this code and can provide it to drivers. ChargePoint cannot provide this information to customers. If this is for a workplace or similar situation, we suggest contacting your employer’s HR or Facilities team to obtain this information.
Requests will be listed as Pending until the organization approves the connection. ChargePoint does not have visibility into the reasoning behind an organization’s decision to remove, deny, or accept a Connection Request.
You will be able to see on your Connections Page whether or not your connection is Active, still Pending, or has disappeared (denied). You will also receive an email notification.
Typically stations that require connections are invisible on the CP Map to all driver who cannot use them, others only require a connection in order to get a discounted charging rate.
It takes some time for all of our connection requests/approvals to reach the station, typically you should be able to use the station within 24 hrs from station owner approval.
My employer told me I was approved to use the stations, but I get an error code every time I go to use the stations (I am not allowed to use this station, or it is closed)?
A connection code is required.
Stations on the ChargePoint network are independently owned and operated, so each station owner gets to choose who uses their chargers. They can control other aspects as well such as the pricing, time of use, whether it is visible on the map, and much more.